(pursuant to the Social Welfare Department of Hong Kong’s requirements)
Applicants are likely to be considered suitable adoptive parents if they
- are at least 25 years old and mature enough to make the life-long commitment to adopt a child and to take up parental responsibilities;
- have good physical and mental health without serious illness/disability and are thus able to raise the child until he/she can be independent;
- are reasonably educated, preferably with at least six years of post-kindergarten primary-level education;
- have stable employment and sufficient financial resources, and a stable accommodation in which to bring up a child;
- have resided in Hong Kong for 12 months or longer so as to be familiar with the social environment and community resources, and can stay for a continuous period of 12 months or more to complete the adoption process (not applicable to intercountry adoption);
- (if married) have been married for at least 3 years and the marriage is stable enough to provide the child with secure home care; and
- have no criminal record.
If you're interested in knowing more about adoption, please call us at (852)2537-2285.